Saturday, June 1, 2013

Its CURRENTLY June....

I almost forgot that it was June 1, and that it was time for the next Currently to come out.  This is a fun little "thing" to fill out and share at the first of each month.  Hosted by Farley from "Oh Boy, 4th Grade!."

LISTENING:  Some thing that many people may not know about me,  I like to have noise on in the background while I am working.  One of my favorite series' to listen to is The West Wing. What a great show that was.  I think its' one of the best shows that Martin Sheen, Rob Lowe, and many other actors/actresses were in.  It's interesting to me how similar some of the topics that they cover in that show are still applicable today like gun  control, farm subsidies, health care, and natural disasters.

I also have 2 dogs asleep at my feet snoring.  Maggie tends to sleep under my desk with her head resting on my foot.  She is a Beagle/Pointer cross. When she was a pup, it wasn't a real big deal because she was small. Now she barely fits under there, and will wiggle around until she is comfortable.  Jake, he's a big boy.  He's a cross between a Red Heeler, and an Australian.  He has real thick fluffy hair, so he gets pretty hot in the summer and prefers to be under the air conditioning.  He snores and runs in his sleep.

LOVING:   I received 2 phone calls this week from friends from back home.  Chris and I have been friends since Jr. High.  He heard the news about the tornadoes and bad weather and had to make sure I was ok.  It's nice to have friends after so many years that will pick up the phone just to say hey are you doing ok.  He's a good guy.  Craig is also a friend I've had since Jr. High.  Same reason he called.  He tends to be a little more freaked out about the weather.  I laughed when he asked me how I could live in Arkansas where there are tornadoes.  My answer to him was... well Craig "How can you live in Washington with earthquakes, volcanoes, and flooding..... :)      All in all, it was very nice that my besties thought of me during the last cycle of storms went through. :)





THINKING: This past week has been really busy working on the Teachers Care for Oklahoma fundraiser that I organized with Viki  with Teachers Pay Teachers.  Combined total, we've raised over $30,000.  100% of the funds raised will be going directly to the Moore Public School Tornado Relief Fund and divided among the teachers of Plaza Towers and Briarwood Elementary Schools.  This means that every dime is going to be in the hands of the teachers!!!  To learn more about the fundraiser click HERE.

There are 2 more days left of the fundraiser, ending on Monday (June 3)!

WANTING:  I've been thinking about re-organizing for what, a month?   :)  It really would be nice if there were genies in a bottle that could come clean with a flick of the pony tail or wiggle of the nose. :))

NEEDING:  Oh boy, my house looks like a train wreck. It's been this way for a couple weeks because I've been busy.  I really do like a clean house, and so it's a matter of putting the pen, and glue stick down long enough to actually get started.  Maybe Sunday will be THE day.  I feel much better when everything is tidy and in it's place. :)  Plus if my parents come over and walk through, they don't make fun of me for needing to hire a housekeeper. :)


So dear friends.... I figure in the grand scheme of things that a little bit messy house pales in comparison to what our friends in Oklahoma are going through.

Thank you for stopping by.  Be sure to go visit the other Blogs that were linked up on Farley's page.  You can get there by clicking on the link below or click on the Currently!!! ;)

What are you doing this week?


VACAY ESSENTIALS: I almost forgot to add this.  Yikes!  I am not sure that I will get a vacation this year.  Some people may think I am always on vacation. lol    I think if I were going to take a vacation it would be with a couple good friends, find a destination that we've never been to, and  just GO without really stressing out over it.   Maybe if things go well for back to school, I can take a late break this fall. :)






And now for a little freebie....

Father's Day is coming up on June 16th.   I created a unique Father's Day Card pattern last year that I'd like to share with you.   The idea was that the foldable card would look like a fishing "Creel" or basket that fish is kept in.  The paper fish attach to it and the card itself folds out so that it can be written on!!!


The download includes the pattern, instructions, and a photo for reference. Yep, the fish, and design for the card were hand drawn by yours truly! :) If you like it, please be sure to leave me some feedback love! ;)   

I am hooking this post up to Manic Monday so more people may get to see it and print it off for their Dad's. 


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday



8 comments:

  1. What an awesome thing you are doing for people in Oklahoma!! $30,000 is beyond amazing!

    As for good friends... yes, they are something to be thankful for!

    Your blog is ADORABLE! I'm your newest follower!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I have visited your blog and I really love it! The colors and graphics are beautiful and everything I've read is helpful and interesting! I'm so glad the fundraising has gone so well and that your community is safe, I have family in Oklahoma and I track their weather continually, I have noticed that it heads your way very often! I hope you have a good shelter, take care, Paula @ Educating Children with Disabilities

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog design always makes me smile :) Thank you so much for putting together such a great Fundraiser! I was so happy to be able to contribute. I hear you on the clean house. I will get to that this week!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you put in a great deal of time on the fundraiser. 30,000 is fabulous! I need to reorganize, too. It will have to wait a few more days though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you find a Cleaning Genie, can you send her/him my way please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your TPT products and blog! Laura
    Read-Write-Create

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss your blog and youTPT store is amazing!!! I'm a new follower and will visit often!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dani! I love your blog! I've learned a lot from it. I'm following you through Bloglovin...I'm lovin it;) I do have a question about the "currently" form you have for June. Is this something you made on your own or do you download it? I was thinking of adding this as a monthly/weekly feature on my FB page. I'd appreciate your help!

    Could you email me? tara@180daysandcounting.com

    Thanks!
    Tara
    https://www.facebook.com/180DaysAndCounting

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from you!